Tuesday 6 December 2011

Scan results

Got scan results today. Summary is I have good partial remission (complete is very rare with my disease). All the enlarged lymph nodes are pretty much normal size with the exception of 1 which is greatly reduced from 5cm x 5cm to 1.7. Normal size is 1cm and the enlarged one may only be that size due to scar tissue. All round a good result and consultant is happy.

What's next?

Well as planned I get maintanence treatment every 8 weeks for 2 yrs. This only takes a couple of hrs and has no side effects. How long I stay in remission is unknown. Could be a couple of years or could be 20. Who knows. The maintanence treatment is to push the cancer further away and keep me in remission so if that does the trick I will be good.

When it does return i will have a few options. A stem cell transplant which although currently risky can cure the cancer or possibly other treatments and many are on the horizon which can cure or greatly extend remission. Thinking positive here.

The best I can do in the meantime is get healthy, live well and get stuck into the greatest life possible with my lovely kids and Clare. 1st step is to get well then start on the push to fitness and live healthily.

Right now I feel pretty good and although far from 100% well I am working longer days than before and feeling more up to the normal day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment